Friday, September 3, 2010

OmniFocus for iPad

OmniFocus for iPad may be the killer app out there right now for padders. That said, it helps a lot if you also use a Mac, perhaps even an iPhone, so all your stuff gets synced up nicely.

OmniFocus is one of the applications that works under the getting things done approach. Put more simply, it's a task management or "to do" software. I've used OmniFocus on my Mac and iPhone for over a year now, and together that made a visible impact on how productive I am. I never forget the "big stuff" (at least "big" to me), but the problem is forgetting the small stuff that's so very important.

This software product is $40, clearly at the high range for iPad apps. But I wouldn't think twice about buying it again now that I've had it for over a month. It is the app that I use the most on my iPad—and I use my iPad quite a lot these days.

There's really no reason for me to write another review of the OmniFocus app since others have already done that work so well. I highly encourage you to check out some of these reviews so you can see for yourself what the software does and how it accomplishes its objective so elegantly.

One review that contains lots of pictures (very helpful) was written at MacSparky shortly after the release of this app:

A shorter review, but still very useful, was written by Franklin Tessler for MacWorld:

A third review is provided at 148 Apps:

Finally, a final review that includes a YouTube video is provided at TiPb:

Beyond the reviews of the iPad app itself, perhaps the most important article you can read is titled The Psychology of OmniFocus written by Ryan Norbauer in December 2009. The reason you would want to buy this software (Mac, iPhone, or iPad version) becomes apparent when you read Ryan's article.

No comments:

Post a Comment