Monday, March 14, 2011

Taking Rehearsal Notes

People use Scrivener in very inventive ways by taking advantage of its core features. Obviously the main use is for writing longer documents, but I recently ran across a post by a stage director who uses Scrivener for rehearsal notes. His/her technique may be useful (with some obvious tweaks) for educators as well. Kaydot writes:

I'm a stage director and have switched from paper to scrivener for taking notes during rehearsal.

Before the run, I create a new folder in the binder titled with date. Then while the actors are running I keep my MBA in my lap, hands on the keys. Without taking my eyes from the stage I can hit cmd-N to create a new note, tab into the new note, type the first few letters of the character name (which I've entered as cast so scrivener autocompletes and switches to caps), hit return for a new line and type out the note in typical theatre shorthand. Scrivener automatically titles the note with the character name.

To check out the full description follow the link below. Perhaps you have your own innovated way of using Scrivener?

No comments:

Post a Comment